Friday, March 6, 2009

March Mania

Earth Dance 6x6



March is here and I feel the seeds stirring under the earth.

I am busy getting ready for three artist demos at Artisans. The first is Saturday March 7th at the Taos store from 1-3. The Santa Fe store has added another day due to high demand. I will be doing the demos on both Sat and Sunday, March 14 and15, from 1-3.


My workshops are filling up for the spring. Please see my website http://www.sandraduranwilson.com/ or email mailto:skwduran@msn.com to register.


Abstract Painting, Layers and Transfers March 20-22 Santa Fe $345 includes materials.

April 18 One Day Intensive for experienced artists $125 includes materials.


I will be demonstrating how to do a transfer on top of a heavily textured surface.

The painting Earth Dance is an example of how to create a textured layer and then put a thick layer of gel on top, let dry and then do a gel or paint transfer on top of that.


Next week I will show you the result from the demo. I hope to see you at Artisans http://www.artisan-santafe.com/.



No comments:

The Other Side

The Other Side
4-panel commissioned painting