Wednesday, April 3, 2013

More Workshop Fun

Curtis, Jane and Mercia look on as I demo Venetian plaster

We had such a great time laughing, learning and creating art that I wished we could have just kept on going. But, this was my third workshop in Santa Fe in a row and now I am off to Austin for a fun filled three days. I love working with Venetian plaster because you can get some wonderful textures, but mainly because of the way you can layer the plaster, paint and then reveal and excavate the underlying layers. I will be writing an online class for Venetian plaster at the end of the year, so stay tuned. I will also be posting some artwork from the workshop participants, so check back and also take a look at Facebook for some more fun photos.

No comments:

The Other Side

The Other Side
4-panel commissioned painting