Thursday, March 7, 2013

A New Step 12x12

My blog is being reinvented. I will be posting topics for discussion, art techniques, art collecting tips, inspirational ideas and of course art by myself and my students. So please take a look with fresh eyes.
 
I have been working on my fourth book, and Darlene and I are having a blast thinking of all the alternative surfaces we can create art on and with. The painting above is acrylic on linoleum and it has an adhesive backing that makes it incredibly easy to mount onto a board and then insert into a frame or hang without. I have used black gesso on the top and spritzed it with alcohol to get runs and drips.
 
I can't give away too many secrets, but I will be teaching a class at my studio in Santa Fe, NM in June called Off the Canvas. You can see a video and learn all the details here


No comments:

The Other Side

The Other Side
4-panel commissioned painting